Thursday, June 21, 2012

catch-up

I kind of flaked out on you guys yesterday - sorry about that.  The day sort of drrragged by (Estie is teething. Hard.) and then once the baby was down for the night I realized I had no more life left in me.  I went to bed at 9 pm - no daily photo, no blog post, NUTHIN'.  And you know what?  It was awesome!  I slept for like eight hours, can you imagine?!  I was almost hungover this morning - that's how good it was.  Ahhh...

Anyway, back to business as usual.  Yesterday's pic was supposed to be my "favorite photo I've ever taken."  That's a difficult decision to make!  It was made harder still since a lot of my older photos are still back home in storage, aka my mom's house :)  But after sifting through the ones I have here, this one is my most favorite that I have taken:


No filters, no 'shopping - look how beautiful she is!
Those eyes, that hair!  Ugh.

This was 2009.  We had only been in Colorado for a few months, and it was still just Annie and me.  It snowed in October that year (you can see the bush behind Annie still has all its leaves!) and this was Annie's first time in the snow.  It was such an exciting time in our lives. I feel like her shining eyes capture how happy we both were.


Now for today's pic:

21.  Where I Slept


That's my pillow. 
Not much else to say. 

I tried to think of something more interesting to post, but meh... this is where I slept.  It also happens to be "my favorite place," but that's not one of the photo assignments.  I hope to be hitting up this awesome spot again shortly, but first, Tosh.0 and Workaholics on the DVR with the hubs.  For those of you who do not yet have children, that is what you have to look forward to:  couch dates and getting excited about bedtime.  It's not as bad as it sounds. 

If you drink.



*Kidding!  I love my little life, and I'd actually rather snuggle on the couch and get a good night's rest than go out/spend money/be hungover ANY DAY! Okay I guess that actually does sound pretty sad...  whatevs!  I'm gonna go eat cookies with my soulmate now.  'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment