Friday, March 30, 2012

things I learned today

Sometimes there are so many things bouncing around in my head at the end of the day that it's hard to choose just one to blog about.  Today is one of those days.  And instead of choosing, I'm taking the easy way out.  I'm gonna make a list!  I shall call it Things I Learned Today

1.  My husband is amazing.  I knew this already, of course.  But I'm still always in awe when he does something super wonderful, which actually happens alot.  Today, he let me sleep in with the baby while he got Annie off to school - studied her spelling words with her and everything.  When I got up, he'd brought me my favorite, ultra-indulgent Starbucks drink that I never buy for myself because it's too expensive.  *He also just now stopped what he was doing to hop up and get a fussy Estie so that I can keep working on my blog.  He's really just way too sweet - I'm pretty sure I don't deserve him.

2.  Spring in Colorado is a beautiful thing.  Today was cloudless, 75 degrees with a refreshing breeze, and I got some much-needed color on my cheeks taking a long walk with Estie.  (My facial cheeks - I don't walk naked.)

3.  Spring in Colorado is hell on your allergies.  Cottonwoods.  Fuck them.  "What a pretty day!  Oh my God, is that fiberglass in my eyes?!"  Apparently the pollen counts are like a million times higher than normal right now, which I learned from my sister-in-law, AFTER my walk. 

4.  I need a new phone.  Badly.  I usually use cellular phones until they no longer function at all (I kept a flip phone once until the two pieces broke apart and I only had the keypad half to make calls on, and then only with speakerphone because I had no earpiece).  The Droid I have right now was a hand-me-down from the hubs after I ran my Blackberry into the ground.  Benny had stopped using the Droid because it was starting to malfunction, so naturally, I said I'd take it.  Anyway, it's been doing all sorts of weird things lately, but today was the last straw.  Annie missed the bus home from school and the dumb Droid didn't ring when she tried to call me.  Like, it just decided not to take the call.  Thanks alot, worst robot receptionist EVER.  Thankfully, my superhero mother-in-law saved the day and went to get Annie, saving me from the DEFACS agents for not the first or the last time.

5.  My sister-in-law is a boss on the grill.  The Baldwin women can cook - they just can - seemingly effortlessly.  I cannot.  I mean, I "cook," but really only to keep my family alive.  There's no love there.  My mom- and sis-in-law actually do it well, and seem to enjoy it.  As if this wasn't enough to remind me of what a poor excuse for a female I am (I don't do crafts or watch sappy movies either, remember?), tonight I found out Lindsay puts all the dudes I know to shame with her mad grilling skillz (sorry honey).  Our family feasted on some insanely tasty steak and chicken that I cannot wait to enjoy again tomorrow as leftovers.  It was that good.  Wait... I did marinate the chicken she grilled... nope, I still suck.

And the last lesson of the day:  Even an easy-way-out blog takes me an hour to write.  START BLOGGING EARLIER. 


G'night, kids.  Happy Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment