Wednesday, March 14, 2012

score sexy bed head, says the amateur beauty blogger

Estie was clearly excited to meet her Aunt Leah today, because she woke me up at 5 am to share in her jubilance.  I mean, she didn't seem excited at the time, since she was writhing and whining and kicking and clawing at me, but once I got a breakfast bottle in her we had a nice chat about her eager anticipation.  And I am insanely excited myself.  I planned on knocking this post out in the morning so I wouldn't have to stress it later when Leah and Randy are here, but then I actually got some legitimate inspiration, which is always unexpected and fun.

Okay, so... I am no beauty blogger, and I don't claim to be.  But I tried something new with my hair last night and when I woke up this morning I realized it works really well, so I thought I'd share:  (Drum roll, please) I sprayed dry shampoo on my roots BEFORE I blow dried my hair.  What?!  Revolutionary, I know.  I figured it was worth a shot, since the weather here is so dry that my hair is almost always flat, and root lifting sprays don't seem to have any effect.  The dry shampoo made for kind of a strange texture while I was blow drying - sort of "matte" - but my hair did seem to have more oomph.  The real test, though, was sleeping on it.  Sure enough, when I woke up this morning my hair was bigger and bouncier than usual, and my bangs looked brand-new (anyone with bangs knows they can get weird and separate due to the natural oils on your face - even within hours of a blowout).  So I call this experiment a success and will definitely add "pre-blowout dry shampoo" it to my hair care repertoire.  Feel free to steal my moment of beauty brilliance and try it for yourself!  And by all means, let me know how it goes!

*I used a regular dry shampoo spray for this experiment, and not the red hair powder spray I mentioned in my previous hair-care post.  There are lots of great dry shampoos on the market, but I use the very reasonably priced  TRESemmé Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo. Works great!

No comments:

Post a Comment