Tuesday, April 10, 2012

spec-tacular

Ever have one of those days at work that's so fun you're almost ashamed to get paid for being there (almost)?  Today was one of those days for me.  First, I got to go into work way late.  This was so I could pick up my nephew from his half-day preschool and take him to his parents, who are my brother- and sister-in-law and also my bosses.  I also got to bring Miss Estie with me to work because we wanted to show her off to - and this is the last really cool part of my day - our rep for Lafont eyewear, who was coming to show us Lafont's super amaaahzing new stuff.  (I'm assuming you read and remember my post about how I work part time at my bro-in-law's optometry practice.  If not, you might want to consider taking notes from now on or you're totally gonna fail the quiz.)

It's always the highlight of our week when our Lafont rep stops by and we can play with all the gorgeous frames.  Their line is just so fun and quirky.  Plus they're handmade in Paris, so they just ooze chicness.  I tried on about two dozen pairs and honestly I would have taken them all home if I could've, but since I want to actually get a paycheck in the next five months instead of working solely to pay off my fabulous eyewear, I probably need to narrow it down to a pair or two.  Okay, one.  Here are a few I tried on:



The Gilda - such a pretty metal and acetate cat-eye!

The Harbor - these were some seriously sexy shades.


The Greta - très jolie, non? In a fierce clear fuschia -
I think these might be it for me!

There were several more to see,
but my Instagram ate the images - bummer!


These are my glasses at home - the Stella from Salt., also a fantastic line. 
It's just time for something new though, don't you think? 



*To protect the integrity of this beautiful frame line, I really must insist you do not try to buy Lafont online.  You're not supposed to be able to, so if you can, something's not right.  They're an exclusive line - you need to find an authorized distributor.  Conveniently, I happen to know one :)  Hit me up if you wanna try some on!




No comments:

Post a Comment