Tuesday, April 17, 2012

rockstar!

Well, it's that time of year again.  April showers don't just bring May flowers for our family - they also bring Annie's birthday.  Yep, my first born turns the big oh-nine next Sunday (whoa!) and we just sent out the invitations for her party.  Now, usually I'm not wild about kids' birthday parties.  A bunch of other people's children running around all hopped up on sugar - not to mention the awkward socializing between the parents of said children - is not really my cup of tea.  BUT... this year, Annie has chosen a theme that I cannot deny my excitement for:  ROCKSTAR!  It's the perfect party theme in my opinion, because it's open to interpretation.  Our family really gets into the whole dress-up thing for parties, and ROCKSTAR! provides an endless array of options.  Seventies rocker, punk rocker, eighties Cyndi Lauper rocker, nineties grunge rocker, Miley Cyrus rocker (for the hubs, of course)... the list goes on and on.  I'm leaning more towards a hippie-glam rocker myself - think, Nicole Richie hooks up with Steven Tyler at Woodstock, as if that was even possible.  I'm pretty excited.  I also can't wait to see what my little rodeo clown Annie comes up with for her ensemble.  She's probably pretty partial to the Miley Cyrus genre, but who knows.  She might surprise us all with a grungy Alison Mosshart tribute.  That would make me so proud!  Either way, we're gonna have one helluva rockin' good time - or as much as we can with a bunch of dumb kids around - and I promise to document the whole crazy scene for my loyal groupies.  (That's you!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment