Saturday, April 7, 2012

it puts the liquor in the basket...

It's after midnight (HAPPY EASTER!) and I'm kind of delirious.  Been running all day - cleaning the house, playing at the park, SUPER last-minute 10 pm Easter bunny errands, etc.  My assignment for tomorrow's Easter feast at the in-laws' is to bring dessert and booze.  Clearly my family knows my strengths.  I'm pretty excited to watch Annie find her basket, take pictures of Estie in a cute dress as she unknowingly experiences her first Easter, and spend time with my in-laws while geeking out on delicious food that I did not cook, which is of course the best part of every holiday.  For now though, it's time for bed.  I'm so tired I almost put the candy in the fridge and the booze in Annie's Easter basket!  Actually... that sounds like a much more peaceful Easter Sunday... bypass the sugar rush and just let the kids sleep off their buzz all day!  I'll try it and let you know how it goes.

Happy Birthday, Jesus! 

(This has become a running joke, since I referred to Easter as J.C.'s Bday in a previous post and have since been informed by numerous people that it's not his birthday, you idiot, that's Christmas.  Hey, I'm a quarter Jewish - I'm just here for the candy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment