Monday, August 20, 2012

pictures i'm in

Go to YouTube.  Pull up one of the following songs, and turn up your volume.  In the words of Father Leahy at my best friend's Catholic church when we were ten, "Do this, and think of me."

1.  "I Miss You" by Incubus
2.  "Missin' You" by Trey Songz
3.  "I Miss You" by Blink 182

(I've missed you.)

Here are some thing's I've been up to while I was gone:


Bachelorette Festivities










1. A brewery tour in Denver. So many pretty ladies!  2. Rickshaw, bitches!   3. I think Denver recruits out-of-work hipster models to pedal their rickshaws.  These cuties were everywhere!  4. Possibly the hottest facility I have ever stood in for 45 minutes.  5.  BEER.  6. The panties I made for the lingerie party, featuring the bride's beloved German Shepherd.   7.  She loved them.  8.  Out on the town.  9.  Warm milk nightcap, courtesy of the cow in the lobby of our hotel.


A Wedding










1. The hubs and our nephew, Miles.  2. Estie and Grandpa.  3. Nuptials.  4. Drake, the best man (see panties).  5. The happy (and so gorgeous) couple, Madeline and Stefan Runstrom! *Photo credited to the groom's sister, Monika.  6. Wildflower centerpieces.  7. Annie and Miles.  8. Us.  9. Sunset at the loveliest wedding site, the bride's family's ranch.


It's been a crazy few weeks, but much fun has been had and I've made some wonderful new friends.  Annie is back from her summer in Georgia, just in time for school to start.  Tonight we go meet her teacher, and tomorrow begins fourth grade!  She's ready and excited.  I just feel old and confused - where the hell did the last nine years go?  I couldn't tell you.  But that's how it is when you have kids: the days are long, but the years, they fly.  And baby Estie is no exception, of course.  Her first little tooth finally popped through, bringing with it restless nights and an awful cold.  But she's still our happy little chunk, busy and nosy and so close to walking I feel like it could happen any day.  She's also saying dada, nana, and heeeeyyy (accompanied by a baby bird-esque flapping of her hand - SO cute!).   She's basically ready for college, which is both thrilling and horribly depressing.  No turning back the clock now, though.  Onward we go, brave soldiers.  Onward we go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment