Thursday, May 31, 2012

some scary shit

I have been feeling startlingly domestic lately, and frankly it's really creeping me out.  I mean first with the cooking yummy dinners and actually enjoying it (whaaaat?!) and now I keep thinking up little treats to make at home for my little family to enjoy.  It's awful - both for my waistline and for my snarky disapproval of domestic duties.  How the hell am I supposed to make charmingly ironic digs at my own stay-at-homedom if I actually start DOING the things I make fun of?!  I could lose everything here.

My most recent embarrassment are these homemade frozen yogurt blobby things.  I mean they're retardedly easy to make, so I didn't stray too far out of my comfort zone, but still - what am I doing?



 


 


They're pretty delish, I must say.  I'm always on the hunt for healthy kid-friendly snacks, and these fit the bill.  Annie loves them.   Plus they satisfy that "must pop crunchy yet creamy snack foods into my mouth all the time" urge.   (That I have.)

I actually made mine using Activia, since our lives have recently been completely transformed by the stuff.  (The hubs has a bit of tummy trouble from time to time.  Let's just say we talk about poop alot in our house.)

Exhibit B in the case against my sanity:  Annie has a picnic-in-the-park/dance-recital thing tonight, and I packed a really impressive spread for it.  Like, we're pretty much going to have the best blanket meal there.  Everyone's gonna want to get in on the action, you know what I'm saying?  Like chicken salad and shit.  Various diced meats and cheeses, a myriad of crackers, hummus, fresh fruit, et cetera, et cetera.  What the hell?  And also, ALSO, I'm currently planning a baby shower for God's sake, the ultimate ovarian event, AND, I actually have some really cool non-cheeseball ideas for it, straight out of my very own gray matter.  If it goes off like I think it will, it's gonna be some Pinterest-worthy shiz-nit.  Crazy, right?  I know!  There has clearly been some kind of terrible cosmic shift, and I really want to be upset about it.  I really do.  But the problem, the really scary thing, is I think I'm actually beginning to enjoy being a [fitting word for a witty and intelligent gal who has other aspirations but is happy being a stay-at-home mom for now because she is so awesome at it, and who looks cute on the rare days she gets dressed and does social things, thankyouverymuch].  I'm gonna go bake some cookies or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment