Monday, July 30, 2012

dig my mani

I'm not big on bandwagons.  As far as trends go, most bath water is hotter than the ones I follow.  There have been a few exceptions (I was rocking skinny jeans in, like, 2005, thankyouverymuch), but for the most part I typically wait for something new to simmer down to a low, almost completely evaporated pool of so-four-years-ago before I jump in.   It's not because I'm just so über cool that I don't follow trends - it's that I'm such a dork I don't realize how cool something is until everyone else is already over it.  That's why I didn't get an iPhone until just this year, didn't cut heavy bangs til ten years post-Zooey, and why I just tried nail polish strips for the first time last night.  I made the decision to jump on the nail art bandwagon after seeing some of the adorable new prints from the Sally Hansen line on one of my favorite style blogs, Sincerely, Jules (so in love with her).  Here are hers:



Inspiring, right?  But I really wanted to try them out before I invested in a new set, since they're kinda pricey at around $8 a box.  Then I remembered that Annie got a set from Santa last year.  So I snooped around her room and sure enough, they were still sitting unused in her little pink Kaboodle (yes, they still make those!).  Don't you just love stealing from your kids?  Me too.



The flowers are cute, if you're into that kind of thing, and the strips are so super easy to use - just apply and file away the excess.  It's fool-proof, really.  And they seem pretty durable - this set still looks flawless after dishes, laundry, cleaning the bathroom and wrangling the baby all day.  I know it's only been 24 hours, but my normal at-home polish job would already be dull and gross after all I've done today.  Plus, for my normal mani I do two coats of polish and a topcoat, which has me drying for at least an hour if I want good results.  These things, on the other hand (hehe), take about fifteen minutes to apply, but then you're done.  Easy peasy.  I did swipe a quick-dry topcoat over my stickies to add some shine, but that's just me.  It's an optional step.  The bottom line: for a girl who is never bare-nailed, these things are a major time saver.  And they're fun!  I can't wait to try these too, and these, and these

*Disclaimmmmmer:  I know this is my second product review this week (well, Plato's Closet is a place, not a product, but you get my point).  I swear I'm not getting paid or sponsored or anything, and I'm also not going to become some cheesy, super-chipper product whore either.  Promise.  I just happened to have tried some new stuff this week and I thought I'd share!  Now go stick some stuff on your nails.  Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment